Buffalo NY Chimney Inspection – Certified Inspectors
Homeowners throughout the Buffalo, NY, region rely on Felgemacher Masonry & Fireplace to keep their chimneys safe and performing at peak levels. One of the ways this is accomplished is with yearly chimney inspections.
The Bottom-Line Value of Chimney Inspections
Chimney inspections are similar to checkups with your healthcare provider. You may feel fine, but you want to have a professional check you out to discover if anything’s happening that you should know about. It’s the same with having your chimney looked at.
Our Buffalo customers often save big money by learning about early-stage chimney damage and then getting it repaired before very serious issues arise. Basic Level 1 inspections are what most homeowners need to detect issues with their chimney and prevent ongoing damage to its structure and components.
What’s Involved in an Inspection?
We provide all three levels of chimney inspection as outlined by the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA):
This is the inspection we perform most often in Buffalo homes. We visually inspect the chimney structure as well as the chimney cap, chimney crown, roof flashing and other components.
Level 2 inspections involve the use of video imaging technology and are called for when:
- An event has occurred that may have caused damage to some area within the chimney system
- You’re selling your home
- Modifications are being made to the system such as adding a new fireplace insert or changing the type of fuel used by your fireplace
When significant damage is known to exist, a Level 3 chimney inspection is needed. This inspection zeros in on the damaged area(s) and often involves removing sections of the chimney structure and adjacent building materials of the home.
While the majority of inspections we perform for our Buffalo, NY, customers are Level 1 inspections, when a more extensive appraisal is necessary, our crew is fully trained to handle these inspections.
Things We Look for During a Chimney Inspection
The Felgemacher team has been performing inspections throughout the Buffalo region since 1953. We know how to spot the earliest signs of damage and malfunction so the problem can be fixed quickly. During the different types of inspections, we look for:
- Cracked chimney crowns that could put the chimney at risk of serious water damage
- Rusted and damaged chimney caps that are letting water into the system
- Compromised chimney liners that have exposed the internal masonry of the chimney and parts of the home to intense heat and possibly flames
- Loose or cracked masonry bricks and crumbling mortar
- Dislodged or missing roof flashing that opens a space for water to run down into your home
- Obvious signs of chimney leaks such as water in the firebox and white staining on the exterior masonry (leaky chimneys are a common reason for chimney inspections)
- Dampers that won’t open and close smoothly and completely
- Many other areas where chimneys typically have problems
We’ll Keep Your Buffalo Chimney Safe and Working Right
If it’s been more than a year since your Buffalo chimney was last inspected, contact the experts at Felgemacher and arrange a professional chimney inspection. We serve the entire Buffalo region year-round and are ready to handle any repair issues that arise. Call us today at (716) 907-4914.