Expert Chimney Rebuilding
Professional Chimney Masonry Repairs
Severely damaged chimneys need immediate attention to make them once again safe and efficient. When chimney rebuilding is necessary, Western New York counts on Felgemacher Masonry & Chimney. We serve customers in Buffalo NY, Rochester NY, Hamburg NY, Pittsford NY, Cheektowaga NY, Webster NY, Amherst NY, and other regional communities.
As strong as chimneys are, they won’t last forever. The ravages of rain, snow, hail and temperature extremes eventually begin to take their toll on even the best-made chimneys. As to chimneys that were built with inferior materials or workmanship, the lifespan can be surprisingly short.
When Chimney Rebuilding is Necessary
Chimney rebuilding is initiated to restore strength and safety to older or damaged chimneys. The chimney repair technicians at Felgemacher regularly rebuild or remove/close off damaged chimneys in and around the Buffalo and Rochester areas. Three common reasons for this work include:
- Cracked masonry eventually can cause a chimney to lean and possibly collapse
- Compromised mortar joints and deteriorated bricks allow more and more water into the system, where freeze/thaw cycles will cause further damage until the chimney is no longer safe to use
- Regular water infiltration damages the interior structure of the chimney, leaving building materials of the home at risk of severe decay or fire
These and other problems can be prevented by having us inspect your chimney once a year and perform needed repairs to the chimney structure or its components before damage becomes pervasive.
Rebuilding & Repair Work in Western New York
Felgemacher Masonry & Chimney offers expert chimney rebuilding and repair to keep your chimney safe and operating at peak levels.
Complete chimney rebuilding: In cases where a chimney is unsafe to use and cannot be repaired, our qualified rebuild professionals can reconstruct sections of the chimney or the entire chimney, leaving you with a strong structure that will perform for many years.
Tuckpointing: Sometimes a damaged chimney can be repaired with a process called tuckpointing. This job involves scraping out deteriorated sections of mortar and replacing them with a strong new compound.
Chimney crown rebuild: Cement chimney crowns that form a protective layer over the top of the chimney (minus the flue opening) can become cracked and eventually fall apart. Our chimney rebuilding team will reconstruct your deteriorated crown to prevent further system damage and water leaks.
Smoke chamber parging: Another important facet of chimney rebuilding and restoration work is the parging of smoke chambers. The chamber sits above the firebox and is designed to channel smoke and gases up and out of the chimney. Older or damaged smoke chamber surfaces can become rough, which decreases drafting efficiency and harbors creosote. Parging smooths out the surfaces and restores efficient operation.
Additional Chimney Repair Services
Along with chimney rebuilding, we offer a full range of chimney repair services including:
- Chimney leak detection and repair
- Firebox inspection and brick repair
- Chimney liner HeatShield repair and new liner installation
- Chimney chase cover repair and replacement
- Chimney flashing repair and installation
- Damper repair and installation
- Hire Credentialed Professionals for Chimney Rebuilding
You should never trust chimney rebuilding or repair tasks to unskilled workers. Trust our CSIA Certified ownership. Our company is a member of:
- National Fireplace Institute
- National Chimney Sweep Guild
- New York State Chimney Sweep Guild
- Hearth, Patio, and BBQ Association
We have the industry credentials and hands-on skill to do any chimney rebuilding job right the first time. Is your chimney in need of rebuilding or repair? Felgemacher Masonry & Chimney is ready to go to work. We serve customers in all Buffalo NY and Rochester NY neighborhoods and communities in between. If you live in the Buffalo area, call (716) 907-4914. In the Rochester region, call (585) 308-4914.