Rochester NY Chimney Inspection – Level One, Two & Three Inspections
Chimney inspections shouldn’t be done only when there is known chimney damage. An annual chimney inspection at your Rochester NY home will identify minor issues early so they can be fixed before an expensive repair project is necessary. Felgemacher Masonry & Chimney brings 60+ years’ experience to chimney service throughout the greater Western New York region.
Types of Chimney Inspections
Chimney inspections performed by our qualified experts range from the basic annual inspection all the way up to inspections that are quite involved and complex. Felgemacher offers three levels of chimney inspection throughout the greater Rochester area, as recommended by the Chimney Safety Institute of America.
Level 1: This inspection covers all the visible areas of the chimney structure and its components. During this inspection, we look for water damage within the masonry, structural unsoundness, worn and faulty chimney caps, dampers, chase covers, crowns and other problems that need to be addressed. Level 1 inspections should be scheduled once a year if you have an active fireplace.
Level 2: There are three occasions when we would recommend a Level 2 chimney inspection:
- During the sale of your home
- After a chimney fire, water damage or a major weather/seismic event
- When there is a change in the appliance or appliances connected to the chimney – for example, when adding a fireplace insert to the existing firebox or reconstructing the fireplace
When we perform Level 2 inspections, we use not only our eyes and hands but also specialized video equipment that allows us to inspect deep within the chimney flue.
Level 3: This level of chimney inspection is performed when significant damage to the chimney structure is known to exist. We may learn about this damage simply by looking at the chimney or through a Level 1 or Level 2 inspection. Level 3 chimney inspections often involve the dismantling of parts of the chimney and adjacent sections of the home in order to assess the damage and make repairs.
Chimney Repair Rochester NY
Fortunately, most inspections scheduled annually at our Rochester customers’ homes are basic and uncover only minor issues that need resolving. But whether your chimney needs a few simple repairs or much more involved work, our technicians have the hands-on training and expertise to get the job done correctly and safely.
Count on us for all chimney repair projects:
- Brick repair/tuckpointing
- Chimney waterproofing
- Chimney rebuilding
- Chimney liner repair/installation
- Chimney cap and chase cover repair/replacement
- Chimney crown rebuilding/sealing
- Fireplace damper repair/installation
- Smoke chamber parging
Why Western New York Homeowners Count on Our Professional Chimney Inspectors and Repair Experts
Felgemacher Masonry & Chimney has served Rochester NY and the greater Western New York region since 1953. We take our work and our internal training processes very seriously. Our certifications and memberships include:
- Professional certification through the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA)
- Professional certification through the National Fireplace Institute (NFI)
- Membership in the National Chimney Sweep Guild
- Membership in the New York State Chimney Sweep Guild
- Membership in the Hearth, Patio, and BBQ Association
Save money and keep your Rochester home and family safe by scheduling annual chimney inspections and chimney sweep services. Make an appointment today throughout the Rochester NY region by calling (585) 308-4914.